The List of Critical Technologies in the National Interest has been developed through an extensive public consultation process. In response to this feedback, we have revised the list and focused on key enabling technology fields (with examples) that will have a high impact on our national interest.
We have identified critical technology fields that will deliver on a positive, better future for Australia. These fields represent technologies for which Australia:
- has research, intellectual or industrial strengths and capabilities to be supported and championed
- needs uninterrupted access through trusted supply chains
- must retain strategic capability or maintain awareness.
The list has been developed through an extensive public consultation process led by the Critical Technologies Hub. The hub:
- advises government on critical technology opportunities
- advises government on developments and risks of critical technologies
- is supported by expert advice from economic, national security and scientific nodes.