Science and technology initiatives to grow Australia’s capability
Global Science and Technology Diplomacy Fund: strategic element
The strategic element is a flexible funding arrangement. It will fund collaborative projects with identified research partners in 4 priority areas.
We have identified the priority areas through extensive stakeholder engagement and alignment with Australian Government strategies and priorities.
The research partners have been selected through:
- data analysis
- their track record of delivering world-leading research capabilities
- impactful collaboration potential with Australia.
Priority areas and identified partners for 2022:
- advanced manufacturing: USA, Italy, UK, France, Switzerland
- artificial intelligence and quantum computing: Japan, UK, France, Spain, USA
- hydrogen production: Germany, Canada, Malaysia, South Korea, Thailand
- RNA (including mRNA) vaccines and therapies: USA, Spain, Japan, Brazil, Singapore.
The Prime Minister and Minister for Science and Technology will review priorities annually.
Learn about the bilateral element of the GSTDF