There are 2 streams of Australian Industry Participation (AIP) requirements:
Find AIP plan summaries
About the Australian Industry Participation Authority
We administer AIP requirements under the Australian Jobs Act 2013 (the Jobs Act). Our activities include:
- providing guidance about your regulatory obligations, including if and when you need an AIP plan for a major project with capital expenditure of $500 million or more
- providing any assistance you need to develop your AIP plan
- approving AIP plans for major projects
- publishing major project AIP plan summaries on this website
- providing guidance about how to report your activities against your implemented AIP plan
- monitoring and enforcing compliance with the Jobs Act.
AIP plan process for major projects
Feedback and complaints
You can provide feedback by emailing or calling us.
If you have a complaint, clearly explain the issue and provide any relevant documents. If you make a complaint in person or by phone, follow it up in writing. We will record and investigate your complaint and provide a detailed response.
If you’re not satisfied with our response, you may contact the Commonwealth Ombudsman. If you disagree with a direction to amend your draft Jobs Act AIP plan or with any related decisions made by the AIP Authority, you may make an application to the Administrative Appeals Tribunal (AAT) for a review of the decisions.
For more information read Section 112 of the Jobs Act.
About our department
We administer AIP policy for Australian Government funded projects. Australian Government funded projects are not administered under the Jobs Act. Our activities include:
- providing guidance to government agencies on the requirement for an AIP plan under Australian Government AIP policy
- providing guidance to assist funding recipients in developing their AIP plans
- approving AIP plans
- publishing Australian Government funded projects AIP plan summaries on this website
- providing guidance to funding recipients about how to report activities against implemented AIP plans
- providing guidance to government agencies on how to approve AIP plan implementation reports
- monitoring, reviewing and reporting government agency AIP policy implementation.