The Business Registration Service (BRS) is a single place where Australian businesses can apply for key business and tax registrations. It reduces the time and complexity to register a new business, or apply for additional registrations.
The BRS connects with existing Australian Government registration services, making it a cost-effective solution for government agencies.
The BRS enables sole traders, companies, partnerships, trusts and superannuation funds to apply for:
- a business name and company name, including checking the availability of a proposed name as part of the Australian Securities and Investment Commission registration
- an Australian Business Number, and various tax registrations, as part of Australian Taxation Office registrations.
People wanting to register a business can use the help me decide tool to work out:
- the best business structure for their needs
- the relevant business and tax registrations to apply for including:
- Pay As You Go Withholding
- Goods and Services Tax
- Fringe Benefit Tax
- Luxury Car Tax
- Wine Equalisation Tax
- Fuel Tax Credits.