Inspiring Australia contributes to the Australian government’s vision to engage all Australians with science.
Inspiring Australia science engagement activities connect with people nationwide to:
- build an awareness and appreciation of science
- celebrate the excitement of science and scientific discovery
- enhance the focus on capability and skills
- improve science communication skills.
National Science Week 2022
Supporting community science engagement
We administer grants and prizes to encourage community-wide participation in STEM. Our targeted science communication also supports activities that contribute to greater public engagement in science, including the Inspiring Australia Managers network.
National Science Week Grants
Maker Projects: Community STEM Engagement Grants
Citizen Science Grants
Sponsorship Grants for Student Science Engagement and International Competitions
Building community science networks
We coordinate a national network of Inspiring Australia Managers to engage regional communities in science. There is an Inspiring Australia Manager with local expertise and connections in each state and territory.
They can help you identify local and regional needs and give up-to-date information about science engagement in your area.
The network seeks to:
- achieve wider community engagement with sciences, including through major activities and events such as National Science Week
- develop new engagement opportunities and activities
- provide greater engagement opportunities for groups that are underrepresented in STEM
- improve participant experiences with science engagement activities
- create sustainable change.
State and territory contacts and websites
Reach out to our Inspiring Australia Managers.
Australian Capital Territory
New South Wales
- Phone 0421 614 145
- Website Inspiring NSW
Dr Carla Eisemberg
- Phone 08 8207 7382
- Website Inspiring South Australia
Amanda Gutwein-Burke (IA Manager Tasmania)