Building capability and promoting science, technology and research
We lead the coordination of science policy across government portfolios, councils and committees. We support:
- International collaboration on science and research
- industry investment in innovation and digital technologies
- gender equity initiatives
- nationwide engagement with the sciences.
Strengthening Australia's science system
The Australian Government’s vision is for an Australian society engaged in and enriched by science.
We build a strong science system by:
- engaging all Australians with science
- building our capability and skills
- producing new research, knowledge and technologies
- ensuring that science improves social, economic, health and environmental outcomes.