Strengthening Australia’s science system
The Australian Government’s vision is for an Australian society engaged in and enriched by science.
We build a strong science system by:
- engaging all Australians in science
- building our capability and skills
- producing new research, knowledge and technologies
- ensuring that science improves Australia’s social, economic, health and environmental outcomes.
Revitalising Australia's vision for science and research
We're refreshing our national science policy frameworks. Learn more about our work to revitalise our National Science and Research Priorities and National Science Statement.
Diversity in STEM review
The diversity in STEM review aims to find ways to improve diversity in science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM). Learn more about the review.
Building capability and promoting science, technology and research
We lead the coordination of science policy across government portfolios, councils and committees. We support:
- International collaboration on science and research
- industry investment in innovation and digital technologies
- gender equity initiatives
- nationwide engagement with the sciences.
Find initiatives and funding
Meet our science advisors and ambassadors
Chief Scientist | Industry Innovation and Science Australia board deputy chair
Women in STEM Ambassador | Australian Space Agency Advisory Board member
Visit our science centres or learn more about science in our portfolio
Australia's Chief Scientist provides high-level independent advice to the prime minister and ministers on matters relating to science, technology and innovation