Strengthening Australia’s science system
The Australian Government’s vision is for an Australian society engaged in and enriched by science.
We build a strong science system by:
- engaging all Australians in science
- building our capability and skills
- producing new research, knowledge and technologies
- ensuring that science improves Australia’s social, economic, health and environmental outcomes.
Building capability and promoting science, technology and research
We lead the coordination of science policy across government portfolios, councils and committees. We support:
- International collaboration on science and research
- industry investment in innovation and digital technologies
- gender equity initiatives
- nationwide engagement with the sciences.