This is a requirement under the Disability Discrimination Act 1992.
We take the following measures to ensure the accessibility of our websites:
- include accessibility as part of our Inclusion strategy
- include accessibility throughout our internal policies
- provide accessibility training for our staff
- appoint an accessibility officer
- conduct regular accessibility audits.
Reporting accessibility problems
We want our website to meet the highest accessibility level possible. If you’re experiencing any accessibility or usability issues with our website, please contact us:
- Phone: +61 2 6213 6000
- Post: Digital Experience and Engagement team, GPO Box 2013, Canberra, ACT, 2601.
We aim to respond to your feedback within 3 business days.
We aim to meet the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.1 standard at level AA. This is the web standard recommended by the Australian Government.
Our web pages achieved WCAG 2.1 level AA certification in June 2019. We are however, still working towards this level for our documents.
Our regular accessibility audits will also ensure we keep our websites accessible into the future.
Text on this website can be resized by:
- using the zoom and increase font options from your internet browser’s menu
- press the Ctrl key (Microsoft Windows) or the Apple key (Mac OS) on your keyboard and use the + or – key to zoom in and out
- press Ctrl on your keyboard and scroll with your mouse wheel.
Compatibility with internet browsers
Our website works best with the latest internet browser technology.
Our website uses govCMS, which is built using Drupal core. Drupal core supports:
- Google Chrome (desktop)
- Firefox and Firefox ESR (desktop)
- Safari (desktop)
- Microsoft Edge (desktop)
- Opera (desktop)
- Internet Explorer (desktop)
- Safari for iOS (mobile)
- Chrome for iOS (mobile)
- Chrome for Android (mobile)
- UC Browser (mobile)
- Opera Mini (mobile)
- Samsung Internet (mobile).
Our website relies on the following technologies to work with the combination of web browser and assistive technologies or plugins installed on your computer:
Limitations and alternatives
Despite our best efforts to ensure accessibility of our website, there may be some limitations. Below is a description of known limitations and potential solutions.
- Documents: some documents may not work with current assistive technologies. Please contact us for support.
Please contact us if you observe an issue not listed above.
We treat all accessibility complaints seriously and handle them quickly. We aim to respond to feedback within 3 business days.
You are entitled to escalate a complaint through our complaints and feedback page.