The National Measurement Institute (NMI) provide:
- training courses in biological, chemical and physical metrology (non-accredited)
- verifier and weighbridge operator training (non-accredited)
- nationally accredited assessment for verifiers and weighbridge operators (RTO code 91419)
Our Participants Handbook [110KB PDF] [384KB DOCX] provides an overview of our:
- key policies
- rights and responsibilities
Read our training and assessment terms and conditions.
We can deliver in-house training to meet your specific needs or view the training run by National Association of Testing Authorities (NATA).
Our face-to-face courses start at 9 am and end by 5 pm.
The price includes refreshments, lunch and learning materials.
Chemical and biological metrology training courses
Physical metrology training courses
Verifier and weighbridge operator training
We offer face-to-face courses for:
We offer online courses for:
Online courses can be accessed for up to four months.
Nationally accredited assessment
NMI is a registered training organisation (RTO code 91419). We offer nationally accredited assessment for verifiers and weighbridge operators.
Before you enrol for assessment, you should develop the skills and knowledge needed to meet the assessment requirements.
Read the Recognition kit instructions for verifiers and weighbridge operators [72KB PDF] [314KB DOC] to find out more.
Choose the recognition kits appropriate to your area from the list below.
Limited weighing instruments:
- 6.1: Non-automatic weighing instruments (NAWI) classes 1 and 2
- 6.2: NAWI less than or equal to 30 kg, classes 3 and 4
- 6.3: NAWI over 30 kg but not exceeding 3 t, classes 3 and 4
- 6.7: Automatic packaging conveyor weighers
- 6.8: Wheeled loaders
Complex weighing instruments:
- 6.4: NAWI greater than 3 t
- 6.5: Belt weighers
- 6.6: Automatic rail weighers
- 6.9: Totalising hoppers
Liquid measuring instruments:
- 5.1: Fuel dispensers
- 5.3: Milk flowmetering systems
Complex liquid measuring instruments:
- 5.2: Bulk flowmetering systems for liquid hydrocarbons
- 5.3: Anhydrous ammonia
- 10.1: LPG dispensers
- 10.2: Bulk LPG flowmetering
- 1.1–2: Length measures
- 3.1–2: Trade masses
- 4.1: Volume measures
- 4.3: Alcoholic beverage measures
- 4.4: Lubricating oil measures
- 4.5: Pharmaceutical dispensing measures
- 4.6: Brim measures for flowable solids
- 4.7: Food products
- 4.8: Non-food products
- 4.10: Measuring container bottles
Simple measuring instruments:
- 1.3: Fabric measuring instruments
- 2.1: Area measuring instruments
- 4.2: Beverage dispensers
- 4.9: Grain density instruments
- 8.1: Farm milk tanks
- 9.1: Vehicle tanks
- 13.1: Multi-dimensional measuring instruments
- 15.1: Protein quality measuring instruments
- 15.2: Cane sugar polarimeters
Point of sale (POS) and control systems:
- 18.1 Control systems
- 18.2 POS systems
For questions about assessment contact NMIAdministrator@measurement.gov.au.
Connect with us