This page belongs to: National Measurement Institute
We appoint certifying authorities to certify:
- evidential breath-alcohol analysers
- grain protein measuring instruments
- Australian certified reference materials.
These measuring instruments and reference materials must be certified before you can use them for trade or legal reasons.
You must ensure your evidential breath-alcohol analysers and grain protein measuring instruments are pattern approved before they can be certified.
Apply to become a certifying authority
- Read the policy and procedure for application to be appointed as a certifying authority
- Complete either the:
- Certifying authority for reference materials application form
- Certifying authority for measuring instruments application form
- Email the application form to email@example.com.
- We generally appoint certifying authorities for 3 years.
- Pay an application fee of $4214 (GST exempt).
Request a certification from a certifying authority
Use these templates to provide details to a certifying authority:
- form to apply for certification of a measuring instrument
- form to apply for certification of a reference material.
These certificates provide proof of certification. Certifying authorities can complete these templates or use them as a basis for their own certificates:
- model certificate for certification of a measuring instrument
- model certificate for certification of an Australian certified reference material
- model variation certificate for certification of an Australian certified reference material.