Acknowledgement of Country
We Acknowledge and pay respect to all First Nations Peoples as the Traditional Owners and ongoing Custodians of the land, sea and sky. We Acknowledge First Nations Peoples as the first scientists, technologists, engineers and mathematicians, whose Knowledge and Culture continue to live and evolve. We pay our deepest respects to Elders past and present, and we extend that respect to those who will fulfil those roles in the future.
The review will recommend how the Australian Government can support change so that people can access and feel they belong within STEM education, careers and industries.
An independent expert panel will report its findings and make recommendations to government in late 2023.
The review will:
- hear people’s stories and experiences in Australian STEM education, research and business
- explore successes and lessons from other countries
- evaluate the impact of our department’s existing women in STEM programs
- identify the best ways to:
- improve current initiatives
- develop future initiatives.
The independent expert panel is leading the review with support from a taskforce in our department.
Key activities include:
- a research project led by the Women in STEM Ambassador
- an evaluation of our department’s women in STEM programs
- engaging with a broad range of stakeholders and the Australian public.