In 2022, the Australian Government appointed an independent panel to find ways to improve diversity in science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM).
As part of this review, we commissioned ACIL Allen to evaluate the women in STEM initiatives our department funds:
- Women in STEM and Entrepreneurship Grants (WiSE)
- Champions of Change STEM Group (CCC-STEM)
- Science in Australia Gender Equity (SAGE)
- Superstars of STEM
- Girls in STEM Toolkit (GiST)
- Women in STEM Ambassador (WiSA)
- STEM Equity Monitor
- Future You
- Elevate: Boosting Women in STEM (Elevate).
The report considers the extent the initiatives:
- have improved diversity in STEM
- were well-designed
- delivered impact for girls and women
- were administered and delivered efficiently.