Involvement in science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM) builds new industries, makes Australia internationally competitive and supports high living standards.
The Australian Government aims to increase gender equity in STEM education and careers. Increased representation of women in STEM:
- improves our talent pool
- delivers business benefits from enhanced diversity
- builds and sustains our economy.
Increasing gender equity in STEM
Our vision is for all genders to have equal opportunity to learn, work and engage in STEM. We aim to:
- enable women and girls through education
- recruit and retain women in STEM careers
- make women in STEM visible.