Australia’s second STEM influencer study surveyed around 1,500 parents about science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM). Earlier survey results indicate that parents and teachers are the greatest influencers of young people’s education and career decisions.
This 2022–23 study builds on the 2020–21 parents survey.
- awareness and understanding of STEM
- life skills associated with STEM education
- interest in STEM
- perceived importance of STEM for future employment
- expectations STEM careers
- confidence in supporting children with STEM schoolwork
- gender biases around STEM
- frequency of conversations with children about STEM
- perceptions of school support
- the impact of COVID-19.
YouthInsight carried out the survey for our department.