The Anti-Dumping Commission helps Australian industry by managing Australia’s anti-dumping and countervailing system. We investigate claims that dumped and subsidised imports have injured Australian industry.
The Commissioner of the Anti-Dumping Commission is Dale Seymour, who is an independent statutory office holder under the Customs Act 1901.
Mr Seymour reports directly to the Minister and is responsible for leading and directing the Commission’s work and exercising the powers of Commissioner under the Act. Mr Seymour started as Commissioner on 19 August 2013 and was reappointed on 19 February 2018 for a three year term to end 18 February 2021.
Previous roles Mr Seymour has worked in include:
- Deputy Secretary of the Victorian Departments of Primary Industries, Natural Resources and Environment and State and Regional Development
- Chief Commission Officer (statutory) of the Employee Relations Commission of Victoria (ERCV)
- Director of Deloitte Access Economics
- President of Wormser Energy (USA)
Trade flow tracking: Trade Remedy Index
We track monthly volume and pricing trends of certain goods subject to anti-dumping measures. From this analysis, we prepare the Trade Remedy Index (TRINDEX), which provides graphical information on the trade flows of certain products subject to measures.
TRINDEX aims to make information available earlier so that those interacting with the anti-dumping system can make more informed decisions.
View our interactive TRINDEX publication.
We use performance indicators on our cases and measures to monitor how well we meet our objectives, support operational improvement, and provide transparency.
We publish these indicators quarterly. You can read our September 2020 report [351KB PDF].
- June 2020 report [628KB PDF]
- March 2020 report [592KB PDF]
- December 2019 report [308KB PDF]
- September 2019 [300KB PDF]
- June 2019 [1.53MB PDF]
- March 2019 [1.55MB PDF]
- December 2018 [909KB PDF]
- September 2018 [1.0MB PDF]
- June 2018 [876KB PDF]
- March 2018 [634KB PDF]
If you would like a Word version of any of these documents please email email@example.com
International Trade Remedies Forum
The International Trade Remedies Forum (ITRF) is a group of representatives from Australian manufacturers and producers, importers, unions and government agencies. The ITRF provides key users of the anti-dumping system the opportunity to advise government on how to improve anti-dumping legislation (Part XVB of the Customs Act 1901 and the Customs Tariff (Anti-Dumping) Act 1975).
You can email any enquiries to the secretariat at ITRFsecretariat@adcommission.gov.au.
The meeting outcomes and action items from the most recent ITRF meetings are available below:
Members of the ITRF
The Minister appoints members to the ITRF. The members of the ITRF are:
- Commissioner of the Anti-Dumping Commission (Presiding Member)
- Australian Chamber of Commerce and Industry
- Australian Council of Trade Unions
- Australian Forest Products Association
- Australian Industry Group
- Australian Pork Limited
- Australian Steel Association
- Australian Steel Institute
- Automotive, Food, Metals, Engineering, Printing and Kindred Industries Union (known as the Australian Manufacturing Workers’ Union)
- BlueScope Steel Limited
- Capral Limited
- Chemistry Australia
- Construction, Forestry, Maritime, Mining and Energy Union
- Customs Brokers and Forwarders Council of Australia
- Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade
- Department of Home Affairs
- Department of Industry, Science, Energy and Resources
- Food and Beverage Importers Association
- Freight and Trade Alliance
- Law Council of Australia
- National Farmers’ Federation
- Oceania Glass
- Rio Tinto
- The Australian Workers’ Union
Client support and implementation service charter
We provide a single point of contact for general advisory and liaison services.
- Read about the anti-dumping and countervailing system
- Find out what how you can apply for measures
- Learn how we investigate claims
- Learn how importers and exporters can engage with the system
- View current cases and EPR
- View archive cases and EPR
- View ADC notices
- View ADC measures - dumping commodity register
- Anti-Dumping Commission Disclaimer
Connect with us
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone 13 28 46 or +61 2 6213 6000
- Fax +61 3 8539 2499
- Write to us at GPO Box 2013, Canberra ACT 2600
If you’re a small to medium enterprise you can access help from the International Trade Remedies Advisory Service
Last updated: 19 November 2020
Content ID: 63678