The National Measurement Institute is Australia’s peak measurement body. We:
- offer a comprehensive range of professional, impartial and high quality measurement services, including specialised and crisis response testing
- are a trusted service provider to government, industry and academia, supporting major strategic programs and industry-led research
- partner with leading organisations locally and internationally
- deliver measurement that is meaningful, impactful and at the forefront of measurement science.
We lead metrology in many important areas, from per- and polyfluorinated alkyl substances (PFAS) to micro-plastics in water. We apply our range of specialist capabilities and novel technologies to our services. This includes ultra-trace environmental testing for dioxins and polybrominated diphenylethers (PBDEs).
Our certifications and accreditations
We have a strong commitment to quality. Our laboratories hold a range of certifications and accreditations including:
- National Association of Testing Authorities (NATA) accreditation for:
- ISO/IEC 17025: General requirements for the competence of testing and calibration laboratories
- AS/NZS ISO 9001: Quality management systems
- Therapeutic Goods Administration licence to manufacture therapeutic goods.
Our core services
We can test a wide range of matrices and analyse aqueous, solid, air and biota samples. We also calibrate environmental monitoring stations.