Our department will stop providing the whole-of-government SmartForms service from 30 June 2023.
We are no longer taking inquiries about the SmartForms service.
We are working with our partners to ensure a seamless transition.
For more information, contact us at SmartForms.Transition@industry.gov.au.
SmartForms help government agencies create, deploy and manage interactive and dynamic HTML5 forms. We provide online forms and transaction services.
SmartForms reduces the compliance burden on business by making it easier and quicker for business to deal with government. Agencies can pay an annual fee to use SmartForms for Business to Government (B2G) transactions.
- Simple and intuitive design using online data entry and validation and dynamic content.
- Broad browser and platform support.
- Meets accessibility (WCAG 2.0 AA), security (Australian Signals Directorate) and privacy standards.
- Integrates with agency systems using prepopulated data, field validation and automated forms.
- Migrates data into agency web services and ICT back end applications.
- Reusable standard components for common functions, scripts and web services.
- Analytics and reporting functions, including satisfaction, completion rates and cost/time per transaction.
- Reliable, highly available and able to handle fluctuating demand.
- Quickly create and deploy online forms by using an existing solution, product expertise and reusable components.
- Our whole-of-government licence and hosting arrangements reduces the time, cost and complexity of building and managing your own forms solution.
- User-friendly forms that people can complete anytime, anywhere, on any mobile device.
- Reduce time used to complete interactions and transactions.
- Help customers to successfully complete transactions the first time.
- Reduce agency administration overheads, removing the need to print, post and store documents.
- Improve the accuracy of the data collected through data validation and prepopulating fields.
- Reduce the need to contact customers to fix incomplete or incorrectly filled out forms and transactions.
- Training and support available to develop your capability in form development, configuration and hosting.
SmartForms greatly reduces the costs and administrative overhead spent on paper forms. This includes time taken on illegible writing, inaccurate data, double handling of information, manual data entry processes and slow service delivery.
We provide government agencies with:
- advice, specification, development and testing of forms
- support for mapping integration and prepopulating requirements
- form hosting, support and capability development.
Fees are based on the number of transactions per year:
- small (1,000 or less transactions) - $11,000/year
- medium (1,000 - 20,000 transactions) - $16,000/year
- large (over 20,001 transactions) - $21,000/year.
The department moved from majority funding the platform to a cost recovery model on 1 July 2021.