Youth in STEM Research 2019-20
Australia’s second Youth in STEM study surveyed 3000 young people about science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM).
The survey measured changes in young Australian’s understanding and perceptions about STEM since the 2018-19 survey. A larger sample size allowed more in-depth analysis of underrespresented groups in STEM.
Key metrics include:
- subject selection, awareness, interest, confidence and perceived importance of STEM skills and careers
- gendered differences in awareness and perceptions of STEM
Student Edge carried out the survey for our department.
- Our interactive STEM Equity Monitor integrates select data from this report
- Read the Youth in STEM Research Report from 2018-19
- Read about the importance of STEM and the initiatives we support