The Global Innovation Strategy is the key international measure of the National Innovation and Science Agenda.
The strategy is a whole-of-government approach to increasing Australia’s innovation and science connections internationally. It aligns with and builds on existing government initiatives that:
- enhance whole-of-government global engagement
- build business and research collaboration
- draw talent and investment into Australia
- increase links to global value chains
- help create an innovative, open marketplace for Australian businesses and researchers in the Asia–Pacific.
The Global Innovation Strategy and its programs will cease by the end of 2022 following a transition period in the 2021-22 financial year. This includes:
- the Global Innovation Linkages program
- the Global Connections Fund
- the Supporting Australian Innovation in Asia measure.
The Landing Pads program, administered by Austrade, will continue.