There are 3 release areas in the Browse Basin, offshore north-western Australia.
They are in:
- Caswell Sub-basin
- Barcoo Sub-basin.
Download shapefiles of all acreage release areas [38 KB ZIP]. Shapefiles show the areas in vector format for geographic information system (GIS) software.
- View petroleum geology information for the Browse Basin from Geoscience Australia
- For wells and survey information search the interactive NOPIMS database
There are 2 release areas in the Caswell Sub-basin:
AC22–2 is a migration route for the pygmy blue whale and is important for different bird species.
AC22–2 overlaps the Indonesia Traditional Fishing Memorandum of Understanding Box.
W22-2 intersects the migration route of the pygmy blue whale and continental slope demersal fish communities.
W22–2 overlaps with the Indonesia Traditional Fishing Memorandum of Understanding Box.
There is one release area in the Barcoo Sub-basin: W22–3.
W22–3 intersects the:
- North-West Kimberley marine park multiple use zone
- foraging grounds of whale shark
- distribution and migration route of pygmy blue whale and continental slope demersal fish communities.
Defence restricted areas
W22–3 overlaps with areas of restricted airspace which may need to be shut down at times. You should liaise with Defence early in the project planning phase to coordinate with Defence activities.
You can submit a work-bid application to NOPTA until 4:00 pm on Thursday 2 March 2023
Find out how to file your application.
The gazette notice inviting applications outlines matters that you should be aware of before submitting your application.
About these files
If you have difficulty accessing this information, please email email@example.com.