This page belongs to: 2022 Offshore Petroleum Exploration Acreage Release
There is one release area in the Gippsland Basin, offshore south-eastern Australia.
The release area is V22–1.
Shapefiles show the areas in vector format for geographic information system (GIS) software.
- View petroleum geology information for the Gippsland Basin from Geoscience Australia
- For wells and survey information search the interactive NOPIMS database
V22–1 is an important area for fisheries, intersecting the upwelling east of Eden.
It also intersects areas where following wildlife are present:
- the pygmy blue whale
- southern right whale
- great white shark
- different species of albatross
- the common diving petrel.
This is an area of some of the highest shipping traffic density in Australia.
V22–1 is 15 nautical miles (25 km) north-east of an International Maritime Organization (IMO) adopted traffic separation scheme (TSS).
There are likely to be serious logistical challenges in parts of V22–1. These relate to:
- stationary/dynamic positioning drilling activities
- installing infrastructure.
You can submit a work-bid application to NOPTA until 4:00 pm on Thursday 2 March 2023
Find out how to file your application.
The gazette notice inviting applications outlines matters that you should be aware of before submitting your application.
About these files
If you have difficulty accessing this information, please email email@example.com.