On this page
International research collaboration
The Global Innovation Linkages and the Global Connections Fund encourage international collaboration.
Global Innovation Linkages
The Global Innovation Linkages program supports Australian businesses and researchers to collaborate with global partners on strategically focused, leading-edge research and development projects. It supports projects focused on developing high quality products, services or processes that respond to industry challenges. It offers with funding of up to $1 million per grant over a maximum period of four years.
- Better diagnostic technologies for cancer detection
- Algae technology aiding aquaculture sustainability and food security
Global Connections Fund
The Global Connections Fund (GCF) encourages international small and medium sized enterprises (SME) to collaborate with researchers. Together, they will focus on making viable projects to grow and test commercialisation in industries of strategic growth in Australia.
See if you’re eligible for the Global Connections Fund.
- The Global Innovation Strategy is a whole-of-government approach to increasing Australia's international innovation and science connections.
- For advice on planning and managing a successful collaboration, see our Guide to undertaking international collaboration.
- The Australian IP Toolkit for Collaboration (IP Toolkit) is a joint project between the Department and IP Australia. It is designed to facilitate, simplify and improve collaboration between researchers and industry. IP Australia has also recorded a series of webinars that may be useful in managing your IP overseas.
- Business.gov.au also features general information on protecting your IP overseas.
Last updated: 11 January 2021
Content ID: 43501