Find a public weighbridge
Public weighbridges are open for public use for a charge under the National Measurement Act 1960.
Weighbridges determine the mass of a vehicle, including prime movers and connected trailers. They are used to weigh goods such as farm produce, agricultural products, scrap metal and landscape materials weighing over 3 tonnes.
Read about operating a public weighbridge.
A public weighing is recorded on a measurement ticket [126KB PDF].
The mass listed on the measurement ticket can include:
- gross mass, the mass of the vehicle including the load
- tare mass, the mass of the vehicle prior to being loaded
- net mass, the subtraction of the tare mass from the gross mass
- Find out how to use a weighbridge for trade
- Find out how to operate a public weighbridge
- Apply for or renew your public weighbridge licence
- Email email@example.com
- Phone 1300 686 664 and select option 2
Last updated: 17 December 2020
Content ID: 52563