The National Quantum Strategy is the Australian Government’s plan to grow the quantum industry in Australia.
The strategy sets out a long-term vision for how Australia will take advantage of the opportunities of quantum technologies.
Through the strategy we will:
- invest in, connect and grow Australia’s quantum research and industry to compete with the world’s best
- drive commercialisation through new programs to incentivise the continued growth of quantum use cases
- create pipelines for investment in industry-ready quantum technologies through the National Reconstruction Fund
- support new quantum infrastructure to ensure it meets the Australian industry’s needs now and into the future
- cement Australia as the world’s top destination for quantum talent
- strengthen Australia’s international partnerships and influence as well as opportunities for Australian quantum companies
- champion responsible innovation and ensure the growth of Australia’s quantum industry supports economic prosperity while safeguarding our national interests.
Explore the digital publication
Growing our quantum industry
Themes of the National Quantum Strategy
The National Quantum Strategy has 5 themes to help realise the Australian Government’s ambition. Each theme has a set of actions that will be completed over the next 7 years.