On this page
Increasing international collaboration
Growing Australia’s economy means helping our businesses, entrepreneurs and researchers to capitalise on international opportunities to develop and commercialise their innovative products and services.
Global Science and Technology Diplomacy Fund
The Global Science and Technology Diplomacy Fund (GSTDF) was announced as part of the 2021-22 Budget. The fund supports strategically important science and technology collaborations with global partners.
The GSTDF will consolidate the Global Innovation Strategy programs. The Australia-India Strategic Research Fund (AISRF) and the Australia-China Science and Research Fund (ACSRF) will be maintained under the GSTDF.
Global Innovation Strategy
The Global Innovation Strategy and its programs will cease by the end of 2022 following a transition period in the 2021-22 financial year. This includes:
- the Global Innovation Linkages program
- the Regional Collaborations Programme
- the Global Connections Fund
- the Supporting Australian Innovation in Asia measure.
The Landing Pads program, administered by Austrade, will continue.
The Global Innovation Strategy is the key international measure of the National Innovation and Science Agenda.
It is a whole-of-government approach to increasing Australia’s innovation and science connections internationally.
Partnering with Australia on innovation, science and research
The Partnering with Australia on Innovation, Science and Research booklet outlines the range of opportunities for international organisations and individuals to partner with Australia on cutting-edge innovation, science and research.
It showcases Australia’s credentials and gives information on the range of Australian Government initiatives supporting international innovation, science and research connections.
See how we support collaborative research on science, innovation and technology with:
- Australia’s National Science Statement sets a long-term approach to achieving a strong science system.
- See how Landing Pads help market-ready startups and scaleups take their business global.
- For advice on planning and managing a collaboration for success, see our Guide to undertaking international collaboration
Last updated: 16 August 2021
Content ID: 12546