This page belongs to: National Measurement Institute
We calibrate instruments, including secondary standards used by laboratories accredited by the National Association of Testing Authorities (NATA).
We conduct measurements and deliver advice, training and cutting-edge research for our clients.
We deliver client services in our state-of-the-art, NATA accredited Lindfield laboratory. This is the same facility where we conduct our research to develop, improve and maintain national standards. Our services include:
- calibrating reference-grade instruments
- manufacturing and supplying customised electrical measuring equipment
- advising on laboratory quality systems and processes
- precision electrical and magnetic measurement
- contract research and development, including new product development
- support to export or import products or services, or seek business research grants
- training in precision measurement and calibrations.
We support clients from a broad range of sectors. Our clients are from laboratories, universities, businesses and government. For more information, email email@example.com.
Instrument calibration and testing services
We calibrate low frequency electrical and magnetic field measuring instruments. This includes instruments used as standards. Other NATA accredited laboratories use these standards to calibrate their clients' instruments.
Instruments and standards we calibrate:
- electronic voltage references
- AC-DC transfer standards
- thermal converters and micropotentiometers
- active and reactive power and energy meters
- DC permeameters
- magnetometers / gaussmeters
- digital multimeters and calibrators
- harmonic analysers, distortion meters and flicker meters
- custom built instruments, devices and systems.
We provide our calibration and testing expertise to NATA. This enables NATA to prepare guidance on how to use or calibrate electronic reference equipment. NATA provide this guidance to calibration laboratories around Australia.
Read NATA’s General Accreditation Guidance for Electronic Measuring Equipment as Reference Standards.
For more information about instruments we calibrate, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Calibration and testing project turnaround times can range from days to months. This depends on the instrument, and how much research or client services work we have at the time.
We complete most calibration projects within 2 to 4 weeks. This includes lead time, calibration and delivering the report. During especially busy times in our laboratory, or for highly complex, long-term calibration projects, this can extend to months. However, we can work with clients to meet any urgent requirements.
For an estimate on turnaround time, email email@example.com.
Indicative fees and costs
Our services are for clients who need the lowest uncertainty possible. This includes other NATA accredited laboratories who can provide results traceable to the standards we maintain.
Precision electrical measurement equipment supply
We develop, manufacture and supply precision electric measurement instruments and standards. Our equipment is among the most accurate in the world. Measurement specialists use this equipment to realise measurement standards, and to provide their own low uncertainty calibration and testing services.
We supply this equipment to laboratories, universities, utility companies and calibration and testing specialists across Australia. Outside Australia, we supply this equipment to national measurement institutes in the Asia-Pacific and around the world. These institutes use our instruments for measurements and calibrations, and some use them as their national standards for electric power. The instruments we manufacture and supply are:
- precision buffer amplifier
- precision 1000 V inductive voltage divider
- precision resistive voltage divider
- precision multi-range current transformer
- precision Current Shunts
- computer controlled switches for AC-DC transfer measurement systems.
We offer services in:
- research and development on short or long-term projects
- support and advice for clients facing complex measurement problems
- guidance for clients seeking funding under the Cooperative Research Centres (CRC) Program
- advice for product development, measurement integrity and quality assurance.
We customise our services to suit each client’s needs. We work with clients to understand their measurement issues or opportunities. For more information or a quotation, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Training and education
We provide low frequency electrical measurement training and education for industry. We offer short-courses through our training and assessment program, and deliver bespoke training directly through our laboratory. Our courses cover topics such as:
- measurement principals and techniques
- traceability and standards
- calibrating instruments.
We can customise training for individuals or teams. We can design and deliver bespoke courses that meet each client’s needs. This includes training to use instruments, systems and standards we design and manufacture.