We specialise in calibrating reference grade measuring instruments and standards.
This includes those used by National Association of Testing Authorities (NATA) accredited laboratories and the gas industry.
We’re Australia’s peak body for gas flow measurement, and our laboratory develops and maintains the national standards. We have a highly experienced team of specialised scientists and engineers and our NATA accredited facilities are among the best in the world.
Our services include:
- instrument calibration and testing
- consultancy, research and development
- customised training.
Calibrating gas flow measuring instruments
We calibrate most reference-grade instruments and standards that measure gas flow. We deliver the lowest uncertainties possible in Australia. Our work suits clients who need to know their measurements are as accurate as possible, and clients seeking a calibration certificate directly from Australia’s peak body.
Our calibrations suit many clients from the gas supply industry, and those from NATA accredited laboratories who calibrate instruments for their clients. NATA accredited laboratories provide traceability to the national standards we maintain.
Instruments and standards we calibrate:
- ultra-sonic meters
- variable area flowmeters
- orifice plates
- mass flow meters
- laminar flow elements
- rotary meters
- turbine meters
- wet gas meters
- coriolis meters
- critical flow venturi (or sonic) nozzles
- soap film meters
- customised and purpose-built gas flow meters, systems and standards.
For more information or to make a booking email email@example.com.
Instrument calibration capabilities
Our instrument calibrations are directly traceable to the national standards we maintain. Measurements that our clients make with instruments we calibrate are directly traceable to the same standards. This also provides international traceability, which is critical for clients who import or export gas.
Flow measurement meters
- flowrate volumes ranging from 0.1 cc min-1 up to 7000 m³ h-1 (normalised to atmospheric conditions and room temperatures) using various gases
- flowrate volumes up to 500 kg h-1, pressures up to 7 bar.
We calibrate Venturi nozzles at normalised atmospheric conditions and room temperatures. We can vary relative humidities and gas type to measure:
- flowrate volumes up to 250 m³ h-1
- upstream pressures up to 7 bars.
Indicative service costs
We provide premium gas flow calibration services. Our fees relate to the quality and quantity of work done on each instrument. Many clients need this level of work for regulatory, legal or commercial reasons. NATA accredited laboratories around Australia can deliver results directly traceable to the standards we maintain. These laboratories can provide a lower-level calibration service that may suit the needs of many clients, at more competitive rates.
We can customise calibration strategies to suit requirements and budgets. This includes quoting for batch calibrations.
Typical turnaround times
- Booking to calibration (lead time): 2 to 4 weeks
- Common instrument calibrations: 2 to 5 days
- Uncommon, rare or unique instrument calibrations: 2 to 10 days
- Calibration report, after calibration: 1 to 2 weeks.
We work with clients to meet their schedule wherever possible, including urgent needs.