This page belongs to: National Measurement Institute
Deposits we accept
You can deposit the following types of biological materials with us:
- bacteria (including actinomycetes), yeasts and fungi (other than known human and animal pathogens), that can be preserved without significant change to their properties by using freezing and freeze-drying
- nucleic acid preparations and phages if you certify they pose no hazard when handled by normal laboratory procedures and you supply suitable material for preservation.
Deposits we don’t accept
We don’t accept deposits of:
- algal and protozoal cultures
- cultures of viral, rickettsial and chlamydial agents
- microorganisms which we deem may require special handling and preparation for storage.
We don’t accept any deposit which has a hazard categorisation higher than WHO Classification Risk Group 2. See the WHO laboratory biosafety manual to find out more.
We can refuse to accept organisms that do not comply with any of our listed conditions.
Make a deposit
To make a deposit complete the Deposit submission form.
Submit this form to email@example.com.