This page belongs to: National Measurement Institute
SARS-CoV-2 certified reference material
The NMI quantitative SARS-CoV-2 certified reference material is available for purchase. It contains inactivated SARS-CoV-2 virus. It is designed to calibrate RT-qPCR assays and test the limit of detection for all target genes.
The certificate of analysis gives details of how we certified the concentration values, traceable to the International System of Units. It also shows how we estimated the stability.
The purchase price is $1000 per set of six vials (Australia only, excluding GST), with a 25% discount for orders of 10 sets or more. There is an additional charge of $300 per order for shipping on dry ice.
The international price is AUD2,000 per set of six vials, with 25% discount for orders of 10 or more.
Cost of delivery on dry ice varies from AUD1,500 to AUD3,000 depending on country.
We welcome requests for custom pricing for large orders.
For enquiries or to place orders, email BioRM@measurement.gov.au. Please include name, delivery address and number of sets when ordering.
Chemical calibration standards
We provide calibration standards for:
We prepare our reference materials in accordance with our accreditation from the National Association of Testing Authorities (NATA) for producing chemical reference materials.
Our reference materials have demonstrated homogeneity and stability.
NMI certified reference materials
Our certified reference materials have established metrological traceability to the SI unit for mass (kg). We report all purity values, stated as a mass fraction, with the associated uncertainty in the certificate of analysis.
Agrochemical and veterinary materials
We maintain a limited collection of agrochemical and veterinary materials obtained from various sources. We provide them with the most current certification information available.
Chemical matrix reference materials
You can use our matrix reference materials to validate and quality control your analysis methods.
We have NATA accreditation for producing matrix reference materials and assigning reference values under:
- ISO 17034:2016 General requirements for the competence of reference material producers.
- ISO/IEC 17025:2017 General requirements for the competence of testing and calibration laboratories.
Gas calibration standards
We manufacture reference gases to your specified compositions.
Our reference gases meet the requirements for the following testing natural gas standards:
- GPA 2172: Calculation of gross heating value, relative density, compressibility and theoretical hydrocarbon liquid content for natural gas mixtures for custody transfer.
- ISO 6976: Natural gas—Calculation of calorific values, density, relative density and Wobbe indices from composition.
- ISO 6974: Natural gas—Determination of composition and associated uncertainty by gas chromatography.
- ASTM D1945-14: Standard test method for analysis of natural gas by gas chromatography.
We have (NATA) accreditation for:
Primary gas reference materials
Primary gas reference materials are our most accurate standards.
We manufacture primary reference materials to analyse gases that include:
- automotive exhaust
- workplace and mine safety
- emissions monitoring
- ethylene refrigerant mixtures
- fuel gases including:
- natural gas
- liquefied natural gas (LNG)
- coal seam gas
- liquefied petroleum gas (LPG).
We can also make custom binary or multicomponent mixtures to meet your needs.
Certified gas reference materials
We analyse third party gas mixtures and assign the composition of our certified gas reference materials.
Our certified gas reference materials:
- have a guaranteed composition and small uncertainty on low cost commercial mixtures
- are a cost effective way of delivering international comparability and traceability
- come is various gas cylinder sizes.
We can develop specific gas calibration standards for your particular needs, including standards for:
- testing natural gas
- liquefied natural gas
- coal seam methane.
Contact us if you need a different type of gas reference material or if you need a gas sample analysed.
We offer a gas testing service where we determine the composition of gas samples relative to our primary reference materials.
Gas reference materials
Our gas reference materials:
- have the accuracy and low uncertainty needed for the custody transfer of fuel gases
- will help you to meet tight testing specifications set in sales agreements
- can be issued with Regulation 48 Certificates for legal traceability for custody transfer.
Terms and conditions
Before applying, read the terms and conditions for the supply of reference materials.