Tools for innovation in the Australian public sector
Just like tradespeople, innovators need the right tools.
There are loads of innovation tools out there, ranging from strategic foresighting guides to public problem solving canvases.
But how do you find them? It’s easy – just check out these toolkit navigators:
- Innovation Toolkit Navigator: For public sector innovation and transformation, curated by the OECD’s Observatory of Public Sector Innovation and its global partners
- Nesta Toolkit: Guides and practical tools created by the UK innovation foundation Nesta
- 20 Tools for Innovating in Government: A compilation of Nesta’s tools
- Government Innovation Atlas: Some of the world’s best publicly available tools, frameworks, reports and strategies brought to you by Apolitical
- Toolbox Toolbox: Curated lists of business, design and organisational change toolboxes from influential companies, institutions and thinkers
- UK Government Futures Toolkit: A set of tools and techniques to help government officials use long-term strategic thinking in policy making
- Human Centred Design Playbook: The Victorian Public Sector’s easy-to-navigate, digital guide to human centred design
- Behavioural Insights for Public Policy: A free online course about behavioural insights brought to you by the BETA team at the Department of Prime Minister and Cabinet
- Want to Agile? Here’s how: A 4-step guide to starting Agile in your workplace written by the Public Sector Innovation Network
- Community development handbook: UK Government’s guide to setting up a community of practice
- The Public Sector Innovation Network (PSIN) curated these resources. PSIN ceased on 8 January 2021. Read about PSIN on the National Library of Australia Trove archive.
- See more innovation resources from PSIN
- See takeaways and videos from Innovation Month 2020