Techtonic: Shaping Australia’s AI Future
Over 100 leaders and experts in artificial intelligence (AI) technology gathered on 15 November at a summit to help shape Australia’s AI future.
The Minister of Industry, Science and Technology Karen Andrews hosted the summit, Techtonic: Shaping Australia’s AI Future, at Old Parliament House. Techtonic explored opportunities to maximise the benefits of AI for Australia.
CSIRO Data61’s recently released AI Technology Roadmap, Artificial Intelligence: Solving problems, growing the economy and improving our quality of life. The roadmap laid the foundation for the day’s conversation.
We also showcased our AI Ethics Framework and explored priority areas for developing AI policy. Participants discussed a range of key policy questions and pitched potential solutions back to event attendees.
AI technologies and ideas
Presenters highlighted the amazing range of applications for AI technologies being developed in Australia, including AI for:
- learning and communicating indigenous language and culture
- improving health outcomes and supporting individuals with disabilities
- enhancing aged care and supporting people to stay at home longer
- exploring the expanses of space
A group of inspiring students who had participated in an AI workshop at Questacon’s Born or Built exhibition presented their ideas and shared their ‘pitch for the future.’
The ideas and insights we gained will help maximise the benefits of AI for all Australians.
Subscribe to stay up to date on AI policy developments.
- The Minister presented the opening keynote at Techtonic on 15 November 2019
- The Minister launched CSIRO’s Data61 AI Technology Roadmap on 15 November 2019
- Read about the work we are doing to shape the future of AI in Australia
- Read about Data61’s work on the AI and machine learning Future Science Platform and their report on Digital Megatrends