Resources technology and critical minerals processing manufacturing funding now available
Funding is now available for resources technology and critical minerals processing manufacturing projects under the Modern Manufacturing Initiative (MMI).
The MMI is the centrepiece of the Australian Government’s Modern Manufacturing Strategy. The MMI will help manufacturers to:
- scale up and create jobs to lift manufacturing capability
- drive collaboration to bring Australian manufactured products to market
- identify new opportunities to access domestic and global supply chains
If you’re undertaking resources technology and critical minerals processing projects you can apply for funding support under the:
- Manufacturing translation stream: helps Australian manufacturers translate high quality research and ideas into commercial outcomes
- Manufacturing integration stream: helps Australian manufacturers to access domestic and global supply chains and distribute quality products and high value services into them
Successful projects are eligible to receive up to 50% of funding.
Applications under the third stream – the Manufacturing collaboration stream – will open later this year.
Roadmap for resource technology and critical minerals processing
The industry-led Resources Technology and Critical Minerals Processing National Manufacturing Priority road map is now available. The roadmap is a useful reference to support your application under the MMI.
This roadmap strengthens Australia in becoming a global centre for commercialising and manufacturing resources technologies and establishing a critical minerals processing industry.
More priority roadmaps
Two more National Manufacturing Priority area road maps are also available:
We will release the remaining roadmaps in coming weeks:
- Food and Beverage
- Recycling and Clean Energy
- The Minister launched the funding and road map on 4 March 2021
- Read the Make it Happen: The Australian Government’s Modern Manufacturing Strategy
- Read about the National Manufacturing Priorities Roadmap Taskforces