Report gives insights into the Extractive Industries Transparency Initiative
A report prepared by KPMG looks at how Australia might apply the Extractive Industries Transparency Initiative (EITI), a global standard for the resources sector. The report examines the 2016 EITI Standard and identifies areas that may pose challenges to potential implementation in Australia.
The EITI is a coalition of governments, companies and civil society from 52 countries working to improve transparency and accountability in the resources sector. Australian has been a strong financial supporter of EITI since 2006.
The department is working with a multi-stakeholder group to understand the implications for Australia.
KPMG consulted with a number of stakeholders to develop the report, including:
- the resources industry
- civil society
- Australian Taxation Office
- Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade
- Department of the Prime Minister and Cabinet
- Read the KPMG report on the Extractive Industries Transparency Initiative
- Find out more about the Extractive Industries Transparency Initiative