Announcing Budget 2021-22
Our portfolio will implement measures to drive a business-led recovery of Australia’s economy in response to the impacts of the pandemic.
The Australian Government’s 2021–22 Budget includes measures to rebuild our economy in response to the impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic.
Our portfolio will play a crucial role in driving the business-led recovery to:
- build a strong, modern, more resilient and productive economy
- support job growth
- increase Australia’s competitiveness
We are building on Australia’s existing strengths and supporting the government’s agenda by:
- investing in resilient and competitive manufacturing
- ensuring affordable, reliable and secure energy for Australians
- investing in low emissions technology
- expanding Australia’s resources sector and prioritising development of northern Australia
- boosting Australia’s science and research capability
- becoming a global leader in responsible AI development and adoption
- keeping Australians secure online by increasing cyber capabilities
We will collaborate with government and private sector to grow Australia’s economic resilience.
Read more in our 2021-22 Portfolio Budget Statements.
Read Budget announcements from our Ministers:
- Minister for Industry, Science and Technology
- Minister for Energy and Emissions Reduction
- Minister for Resources, Water and Northern Australia
More information on the Australian Government’s 2021-22 Budget can be found on the Australian Government’s Budget website.