Announcing Budget 2021-22
The Australian Government’s 2021–22 Budget includes measures to rebuild our economy in response to the impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic.
Our portfolio will play a crucial role in driving the business-led recovery to:
- build a strong, modern, more resilient and productive economy
- support job growth
- increase Australia’s competitiveness
We are building on Australia’s existing strengths and supporting the government’s agenda by:
- investing in resilient and competitive manufacturing
- ensuring affordable, reliable and secure energy for Australians
- investing in low emissions technology
- expanding Australia’s resources sector and prioritising development of northern Australia
- boosting Australia’s science and research capability
- becoming a global leader in responsible AI development and adoption
- keeping Australians secure online by increasing cyber capabilities
We will collaborate with government and private sector to grow Australia’s economic resilience.
Read more in our 2021-22 Portfolio Budget Statements.
Read Budget announcements from our Ministers:
- Minister for Industry, Science and Technology
- Minister for Energy and Emissions Reduction
- Minister for Resources, Water and Northern Australia
More information on the Australian Government’s 2021-22 Budget can be found on the Australian Government’s Budget website.