2020 Acreage Release launch webinar: register now
Each year, the Australian Government releases areas in Australian waters for oil and gas exploration, allowing companies to bid to explore these areas.
Registration is now open for the launch of Australia's Offshore Petroleum Exploration Acreage Release for 2020.
This free online event will stream live on Wednesday 26 August 2020, from 2:00 pm to 3.30 pm AEST. We invite explorers and investors from Australia and around the world to attend.
APPEA, in collaboration with our department, will host this interactive session as part of their Re-Connect webinar series. The Minister for Resources, Water and Northern Australia, the Hon Keith Pitt MP, will announce the release.
You will also hear from special guest speakers including:
- Dr Tom Bernecker, Director, Energy Resources Advice and Promotion Minerals, Geoscience Australia
- Cameron Grebe, Head of Division, Environment, NOPSEMA
- Marie Illman, General Manager, Offshore Resources Branch, Department of Industry, Science, Energy and Resources
As part of the launch, we’ll release all the acreage area maps, shapefiles, block diagrams, block listings and geological information through our petroleum acreage webpage.
Geoscience Australia will provide information to support the release. Bidding on the new release areas will remain open until 1 June 2021.
- Read more about the acreage release process
- Read more about investing in offshore petroleum exploration