This page belongs to: National Measurement Institute
Pharmaceutical companies must ensure that their products are safe and reliable for consumers to use.
Our pharmaceutical analysis services help Australian manufacturers meet regulatory and quality requirements.
Our state-of-the-art laboratories capable of measuring low-level active ingredients and impurities in a wide range of pharmaceuticals and complementary medicines.
The National Measurement Institute is Australia’s peak measurement body. We:
- offer a comprehensive range of professional, impartial, high quality measurement services, including specialised and crisis response testing
- are a trusted service provider to government, industry and academia, supporting major strategic programs and industry-led research
- partner with leading organisations locally and internationally
- have a strong commitment to delivering measurement that is meaningful, impactful and at the forefront of measurement science.
Our certifications and accreditations
Our laboratories hold a range of certifications and accreditations including:
- National Association of Testing Authorities (NATA) accreditation
- ISO/IEC 17025: General requirements for the competence of testing and calibration laboratories
- AS/NZS ISO 9001: Quality management systems certification
- Therapeutic Goods Administration licence to manufacture therapeutic goods.
We have a strong commitment to quality. Read our quality policy below.
We are leading metrology in many important areas, from food allergens to micro-plastics in water. We apply our range of specialist capabilities and novel technologies to our services.
Our testing services
We help identify active ingredients, excipients and impurities as these components are critical for:
- the stability and efficacy of medicines
- the safety of patients and consumers.
We test for:
- active ingredients and excipients, specialising in low-level metals
- ubiquitous metal contaminants (e.g. zinc, aluminium)
- impurities, including pesticides, aflatoxins and other organic residues
- raw materials and finished products (tablets, powders, oils and solutions).
Our range of specialist testing capabilities includes:
- medicinal S8/9 cannabis
- product specific validation.
We work with clients to provide solutions to problems in chemical analysis. Our work depends on our specialised metrology facilities that are unique in Australia.
We deliver training for:
Find out more about our training and assessment.
Our standard turnaround time is 5 days.
Request a quote or discuss your requirements
Submitting your samples
- Before submitting your sample, contact us first to discuss your requirements and receive a quote.
- Read our terms and conditions.
- Once you’ve received your formal quote, complete the sample submission form.
- Deliver your samples together with your completed form in business hours (delivery address located on the form).
We reserve the right to refuse to conduct any test where we, in our absolute discretion, determine that such testing may pose a safety or health hazard.
Please note you must cover delivery costs and we don’t accept responsibility for a sample’s safety or integrity until we’ve received it.