Industry 4.0 Testlabs in Australia
Industry 4.0 Testlabs were a strategic initiative of the Prime Minister’s Industry 4.0 Taskforce.
They will be:
- central to improving the competitiveness of Australian manufacturing industries through adopting Industry 4.0 technologies and workforce transformation
- located across Australia at leading research organisations in partnership with industry
This report is a guide on Industry 4.0 Testlabs in Australia. It captures the fundamental principles of what defines an Industry 4.0 Testlab, regardless of its manufacturing process, industry, application or products.
- Context and significance of the fourth industrial revolution.
- The digital transformation that defines Industry 4.0.
- Industry 4.0 Testlabs technology, standards and security considerations.
Looks at Testlab developments across Australia and their industry focus with particular use cases of Industry 4.0 across Australia.
- Demonstrates the important role Industry 4.0 Testlabs will play in transforming Australian manufacturing.
- Provides some practical advice on how workforce and digital transformation leads an organisation towards achieving an Industry 4.0 capability.