Joining our diversity networks
When you join our department, you can join our diversity networks. These networks are a forum where people can connect and support each other. Employees lead our networks while our senior executives champion and guide them. Our networks:
- Cultural and Linguistic Diversity (CALD) Network
- Disability and Wellness Network (DaWN)
- Gender Equity Network (GEN)
- Indigenous Employee Network (IEN)
- Pride Network (for LGBTIQA+ employees).
Creating an inclusive and empowered workforce
Welcoming people with disability
We aim to make our workplace the best possible place to work for everyone. We welcome people with disability to add their voice and skills.
Welcoming Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people
Our other initiatives include:
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Employment Strategy
- Acknowledgment of Country training
- more visibility of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander culture in our buildings.
Participating in diversity initiatives
We show our commitment to diversity and inclusion by:
- celebrating cultural and diversity days of importance
- offering SBS Inclusion Program training
- having a Mental Health First Aid skilled workforce and gold recognition from Mental Health First Aid Australia
- giving support through the National Redress Scheme.
Our department is a member of: