We negotiate FTAs on behalf of industry and the resources sector. Our areas of negotiation include:
- market access, including the reduction and elimination of tariffs
- rules of origin, including product specific rules
- trade remedies, including anti-dumping and countervailing duties and safeguards
- technical and product standards
- services and investment.
We want to hear from you
Industry feedback is vital in helping us develop comprehensive policy positions on FTAs under negotiation. Feedback also helps us identify and seek to resolve any issues under existing FTAs.
If you’re an exporter, importer, or producer with an interest in improving existing FTAs or contributing to ongoing negotiations email us.
FTAs currently in force
- provide Australian companies broader access to international markets
- open Australian markets up to greater competition
- offer more prospects for increased two-way investment
- reduce import costs for Australian businesses and consumers.