The government encourages foreign investment in Australia’s critical minerals. Australia has many of the elements the world needs to make advanced technology like smartphones, computers, solar panels, batteries and electric vehicles. We’re already a world-leading resource exporter and supply many countries with high quality, ethically sourced minerals using environmentally sustainable practices.
Australia’s critical minerals
Australia has significant critical mineral resources and potential compared to other countries:
Australia has the world’s largest resources of rutile (titanium), zircon (zirconium) and tantalum.
Australia’s resources of critical minerals like antimony, cobalt, lithium, manganese ore, niobium, tungsten and vanadium, rank in the top 5 globally.
Australia is the world’s top producer of lithium, rutile and the second largest producer of zircon and rare earth elements.
Australia has potential for more undiscovered minerals. Well-established mining regions cover just 20% of Australia. The remaining 80% is largely under-explored.
Read about Australia’s critical minerals potential:
Australia Minerals provides information, expertise and support for mineral explorers and investors.
The Major Projects Facilitation Agency helps projects (with capital expenditure of AU$20 million and over) navigate Commonwealth Government regulatory approvals. They can also provide information on the best onshore minerals regulation contacts in your state or territory.