In 2021 we commissioned ACIL Allen to evaluate the impact of the Cooperative Research Centres (CRC) Program.
The evaluation found that:
- the CRC Program is working well and delivering on its objectives
- CRCs will generate an estimated $32.5 billion of economic impacts by 2025
- Australia’s GDP is estimated to increase by $5.61 for every dollar of government funding for CRCs since 2005
- completed CRC Projects are estimated to return $7.73 in economic benefit for every dollar of government funding since 2016.
Stakeholders and partners consider the program:
- helps industries be more competitive, sustainable and productive
- increases the quality and strength of collaboration between industry and research organisations
- improves commercialisation and enhances the capability of the research workforce.