This page belongs to: 2021 offshore petroleum exploration acreage release
There are 8 release areas in the Northern Carnarvon Basin, offshore Western Australia.
Release area locations:
- Beagle Sub-basin
- Dampier Sub-basin
- Barrow Sub-basin
- Exmouth Plateau
- View petroleum geology information for the Northern Carnarvon Basin from Geoscience Australia
- For wells and survey information search the interactive NOPIMS database
Maps and shapefiles
Maps show the release areas in bathymetric detail. They also include other permit locations, known petroleum accumulations and wells. Shapefiles show the areas in vector format for geographic information system (GIS) software.
View high resolution release area maps:
- Beagle Sub-basin release area map [1.74MB PNG]
- Dampier Sub-basin release area map [1.58MB PNG]
- Barrow Sub-basin release area map [1.32MB PNG]
- Exmouth Plateau release area map [2.06MB PNG]
Block diagrams show the coordinates of release area boundaries.
View block diagrams:
- Beagle Sub-basin block diagram [291KB JPEG]
- Dampier and Barrow Sub-basin block diagram [301KB JPEG]
- Exmouth Plateau block diagram [364KB JPEG]
Block listings provide graticular block numbers and 1:1,000,000 map sheet references that identify each release area.
The following areas overlap with marine parks and international jurisdictions.
- The Montebello Multiple Use Zone (IUCN VI) overlaps with release areas W21-7 and W21-8.
Defence restricted areas
- W21-9, W21-10 & W21-11 are within the North Western Australia Exercise Area (NWXA).
- W21-9 is within Restricted Airspace R852.
- W21-11 is within Restricted Airspace R853.
- Defence activities and aircraft movement may impact on-water activities in W21-9 and W21-11. Offshore infrastructure may impact the safety of air navigation due to the risk of collision with low-flying aircraft below 500 feet.
How to bid
Work-program bidding closes on Thursday 3 March 2022.
Find out how to file your application.
Foreign investors need to submit evidence of a Foreign Investment Review Board decision with the application.
About these files
If you experience any difficulty accessing this information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.