This page belongs to: 2020 offshore petroleum exploration acreage release
Work-program bidding for the 2020 acreage release closed on Tuesday 1 June 2021.
Preparing your application to bid
Applications must include details of the:
- proposed exploration activities of the work program and indicative expenditure for each activity in relation to the release area
- technical qualifications of the applicant and employees
- technical advice available to the applicant
- financial resources available to the applicant
Before applying, applicants must consider certain requirements and expectations. See the National Offshore Petroleum Titles Administrator (NOPTA) offshore petroleum exploration guideline for work-bids and the invitation to apply in the Australian Government Gazette.
International investors may need to seek approval from the Australian Treasurer. See foreign investment for mining requirements on the Foreign Investment Review Board website.
Submitting your application
You must submit a valid application to NOPTA before 4.00 pm local standard time on the day bids close. NOPTA will not consider late or incomplete applications.
For fee and payment details refer to NOPTA's schedule of fees and how to pay guidance.
For each application you need to submit:
- one bound copy
- one electronic copy, in a text search supported format
- application form
- proof of payment for the application fee
The bound copy application should be:
- clearly marked as ‘Application for release area (insert reference) - Commercial-in-Confidence’
- sealed in a plain covering envelope or package
- delivered to the NOPTA office in either Perth or Melbourne by the closing date and time
If you are not sending your application by courier, please call the NOPTA office to make an appointment to deliver it by hand.
Download NOPTA's presentation about the application criteria and submission process for bids.
Phone the NOPTA titles hotline 08 6424 5317