There are 3 release areas in the Browse Basin, offshore north-western Australia.
Release area locations:
- Caswell Sub-basin
- Yampi Shelf
- View petroleum geology information for the Browse Basin provided by Geoscience Australia.
- For wells and survey information search the interactive NOPIMS database
Maps and shapefiles
Maps show the release areas in bathymetric detail. They also include other permit locations, known petroleum accumulations and wells. Shapefiles show the areas in vector format for geographic information system software.
View high resolution release area maps:
Block diagrams show the coordinates of release area boundaries.
View block diagrams:
- Caswell Sub-basin (Ashmore and Cartier Islands) block diagram [185KB JPG]
- Caswell Sub-basin (Western Australia) block diagram [189KB JPG]
- Yampi Shelf block diagram [223KB JPG]
Block listings provide the graticular block numbers and 1:1,000,000 map sheet references that identify each release area.
View block listings:
Marine parks and international jurisdictions
The following areas overlap with marine parks and international jurisdictions for commercial fishing.
- The Indonesia Traditional Fishing Memorandum of Understanding Box overlaps with release areas AC19-10 and W19-7.
- The Kimberley Multiple Use Zone (IUCN VI) overlaps with release area W19-6.
How to bid
Work-program bidding closes on 5 March 2020.
Find out how to file your application.