On this page
business.gov.au is the primary online government resource for businesses. This user-focused website simplifies access to information, tools and advice across all levels of government. It provides key information on all aspects of owning and operating a business.
You can promote government content through business.gov.au's news items, events, business topics and discovery tools. To engage with business, you can connect through business.gov.au's social media channels (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and YouTube).
The business.gov.au 13 28 46 contact centre connects businesses to important information and services through phone, email and webchat. The contact centre supports over 60 programs and is a point for referrals to our business advisory networks.
- We are a trusted whole-of-government business resources. We connect consolidate and streamline information for business across all levels of government.
- We promote your new initiatives, programs, grants and events to business through our newsfeed and newsletter.
- We deliver free practical tools to help Australian businesses plan, start and grow a business.
- Our discovery tools help businesses find grants and assistance, expertise and advice, and events and training.
- We provide practical business information with our Starting a Business Guide and a range of checklists and planning templates.
- We communicate with businesses through our high traffic social media platforms including Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn and YouTube.
- Our business consultation website is a convenient place for you to promote your consultations about proposed changes to regulation and policy.
- business.gov.au operates in line with the Digital Service Standard and government usability, privacy and accessibility guidelines.
- We write our content in plain English and test against the needs of real users to find out what works and what doesn’t. We continuously make changes to the site based on user feedback. Users can join our research community to participate in research activities that will help us better understand their business needs.
- Leverage our high-traffic web and social media platforms to increase your reach to business.
- Communicate to business and speak their language. We create communication strategies that translate government policy intent into practical terms for business.
- Build on our reputation as a trusted source of information for business. We maintain our trust and integrity by ensuring our content is up-to-date and accurate, and includes links to credible online information and resources.
- Use our social media platforms to engage with your customers.
- Use our whole-of-government website to provide information and updates about your agency's information, services and programs. We consolidate and streamline information for business across all levels of government.
Contact centre benefits
- Multi-channel services (phone, email and webchat) makes it easy for your customers to access the information and services they want, when and how they want it.
- Open Monday to Friday, 8am to 8pm nationally. Closed on Australian national public holidays.
- We answer 90 per cent of phone calls and webchats within 10 seconds.
- We respond to emails within 1 business day.
- Our specialist agents are trained in business management with between 5 to 10 years’ experience in small business operation. We train our agents to provide advice and assistance tailored to the needs of your customers.
- Our generalist agents provide information and referrals relating to programs and services.
- Our shared contact centre services can significantly reduce costs associated with operating traditional in-house solutions.
- We connect with other Australian Government programs and direct links to face-to-face advisory services.
- We manage our service capacity to ensure we are responsive to your business customers, even during peak times.
- We emphasise service excellence at every touch point. We use feedback loops to identify service pain points to drive continuous quality improvement.
We will work with you to promote your content through our high-traffic platforms. Annually,
- business.gov.au has more than 6.4 million sessions
- more than 154,000 businesses were connected through social media and newsletter subscriptions
- the contact centre handled around 86,000 contacts
A specialist team manage our web presence. They have expertise in researching, authoring and maintaining online content relevant to the Australian business community. Our social media experts are adept at promoting content through a range of digital platforms.
We help federal, state, territory and local government agencies to:
- publish information and updates about your agency and programs on the business.gov.au website through our content request form
- receive feedback from the business community and industry about proposed changes to regulation and policy through the business consultation website
Last updated: 8 December 2020
Content ID: 45196