Community members are invited to attend a free drop-in session in Newcastle to learn about governments’ roles in regulating offshore oil and gas activities, including seismic activity, off the NSW coast.
Participating NSW and Australian government agencies will be available to provide information and answer questions about:
- how oil and gas activities are approved
- offshore areas available for petroleum exploration and production
- environmental regulation
- the National Offshore Petroleum Safety and Environmental Management Authority’s (NOPSEMA’s) role as an independent safety and environmental regulator
- oil pollution emergency planning and government response capability.
- Thursday 7 February 2019, 4.30 – 7.00pm, Newcastle City Hall, 290 King Street, Newcastle.
There is no need to RSVP to this event.
For more information please email firstname.lastname@example.org.