The Australian Government has committed to decommission the Northern Endeavour FPSO facility and will also remediate the associated oil fields.
The project will be undertaken in 3 distinct phases:
- Phase 1: decommissioning and disconnection of the facility from the subsea equipment
- Phase 2: permanent plugging and abandonment of wells
- Phase 3: removal of subsea infrastructure and remediation.
Our department is inviting Expressions of Interest (EOIs) to complete Phase 1.
Work in Phase 1 is expected to include:
- removal of the facility from the field in accordance with good industry practice
- installation of temporary barriers between the reservoir and the environment
- subsea and topside flushing, cleaning and demucking
- sea fastening for tow
- disconnection of risers
- disconnection of moorings
- ocean tow to a designated location.
Information for Phase 2 and Phase 3 contracts will be announced at a later date.
Register your interest
We are now seeking responses from parties that have:
- the required expertise and other resources, including personnel, subcontractors, and access to vessels of the right size, type and quantity, to carry out Phase 1 of the project safely
- the capability and capacity to quickly mobilise these resources and undertake the work
- a proven track record and experience in disconnecting and decommissioning FPSOs and subsea assets
- the capability to execute the work in accordance with, or ahead of, the Commonwealth’s schedule
- the capability to execute the work in accordance with good industry practice and all applicable laws, regulations and standards
- health, safety, environmental, and quality assurance systems to support delivery of the services
- a track record of pursuing and developing growth opportunities, particularly with Australian industry.
Submit your EOI via the AusTender website.
Submissions close at 2PM AEST, 29 July 2021.
The department will shortlist interest for a more detailed proposal later in the year.
An Industry Briefing will also be provided to parties. The briefing will be available shortly after the 7 July 2021. Parties will be notified when this becomes available.
Ask your questions
Interested parties can submit questions and requests for clarification to NEProcurement@industry.gov.au.
Questions and request for clarifications must be submitted by 5PM AEST, 21 July 2021.