NMI services over the Christmas period
The National Measurement Institute (NMI) laboratories and offices will be closed from Saturday, 25 December 2021 to Monday, 3 January 2022 inclusive, with the following exceptions:
- Our Bioanalysis (Lindfield, NSW) laboratory will close from Saturday, 18 December 2021 to Sunday, 9 January 2022.
- Our North Ryde (NSW) laboratory will close for sample receipt from noon, Friday 24 December 2021, reopening at 8:30am, Tuesday 4 January 2022.
- Our Port Melbourne (Vic) laboratory will be open, for sample receipt only, between 10am-3pm, Tuesday 28 to Friday 31 December 2021.
If you would like us to test and provide a report before Christmas, please submit your samples before the relevant deadline:
- Samples for the Bioanalysis laboratory must be received by Monday 6 December.
- Samples for North Ryde or Port Melbourne laboratories must be received by Wednesday 15 December, apart from:
- Samples for dioxins and furans in any matrix, which must be received by Friday 12 November.
- Samples for PFAS in biota and serum, which must be received by Friday 26 November.
- Food samples for Port Melbourne laboratory, which must be received by Friday 10 December.
- Face masks for Port Melbourne laboratory. Please contact NMI for advice on turnaround times.
If you require a faster turnaround time than that indicated above, please let us know as soon as possible and definitely prior to arranging for sample despatch. We will try to meet client needs where possible, but resource constraints may limit our capacity to expedite accelerated work at short notice.
If we receive samples after these dates we will extract them before Christmas where possible. Otherwise, we will freeze liquid or solid samples, store packaged food samples as specified on the packet, and store air samples at ambient temperature. We will then process the stored samples when our offices reopen in January 2022. Please note this may have implications for your samples in terms of recommended holding times.
Season’s Greetings and Happy New Year from all at NMI.
For more information or to ask about sending samples:
- Phone North Ryde 02 9449 0111
- Phone Port Melbourne 1300 722 845
- Phone Lindfield (calibration services, pattern approval, gas metrology, head office) 02 8467 3600
- Email email@example.com
- Email for general enquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Read about Environmental testing and analytical services
- Read about Dioxins, furans, polychlorinated biphenyls and polybrominated diphenyl ethers analytical services
- See all our testing and analytical services
- See all our trade measurement calibration services
- See all our physical measurement and calibration services
- Learn more about the National Measurement Institute and see our laboratory and office locations around Australia