Medical products manufacturing funding now available under the Modern Manufacturing Initiative
Funding is now available for medical products manufacturing under the Modern Manufacturing Initiative (MMI).
The Medical Products National Manufacturing Priority road map is the second to be announced under our 6 National Manufacturing Priorities supported under the MMI.
The road map will help to drive scale and competitiveness in medical product manufacturing through increasing commercialisation, translation of local research, supply chain integration and end to end collaboration.
If you’re undertaking projects relevant to medical products you can apply for support under the:
- Manufacturing translation stream: helps Australian manufacturers translate high quality research and ideas into commercial outcomes
- Manufacturing integration stream: helps Australian manufacturers to access domestic and global supply chains and produce and distribute quality products and high value services into them
Grants are available for you to commercialise new products, or to integrate into domestic and global supply chains. There are numerous opportunities for medical products manufacturing available under this initiative.
Applications for both streams will be sought through an open, competitive process. Applications for the third MMI stream—the Manufacturing collaboration stream—will open later this year.
Road map for medical products
We’ve launched the industry-led Medical Products road map today to guide the types of medical products manufacturing projects we will support.
Businesses in other National Manufacturing Priority areas will be able to apply under the MMI once their relevant road map is launched in the coming weeks.
More priority road maps
The MMI is the centrepiece of the Government’s $1.5 billion Modern Manufacturing Strategy.
Commonwealth funding will be provided on a dollar-for-dollar co-investment basis, with grant sizes starting from $1m.
Funding opportunities are tied to release of road maps. Today’s announcement is the second, building upon the release of the Space Manufacturing Priority road map last week.
The remaining road maps and associated MMI funding rounds will be announced shortly:
- Resources Technology and Critical Minerals Processing
- Food and Beverage
- Recycling and Clean Energy
- The Minister announced the funding and road map on 26 February 2021
- Read Make it Happen: The Australian Government’s Modern Manufacturing Strategy
- Read about the National Manufacturing Priorities Roadmap Taskforces