Junior Minerals Exploration Incentive applications opening 16 July
Australia’s junior mineral explorers can soon apply for exploration incentives under the Junior Minerals Exploration Incentive (JMEI).
Applications open 9 am Friday 16 July 2021 AEST.
The incentives are on a first-come-first-served basis with a total of $100 million available.
The JMEI program encourages new investment in small minerals exploration companies. It creates a continuous investment pipeline across regional Australia.
The discoveries made by these explorers help to:
- maintain our position as an internationally competitive resource investment destination
- secure the long-term future of the resources sector.
The Australian Government extended the JMEI program to the end of June 2025 as part of the 2021–22 Budget.
See the Australian Taxation Office website for information on how to apply.
- The Minister announced the funding round on 15 July 2021
- Read about the Junior Minerals Exploration Incentive program extension to June 2025
- Find consultations on the JMEI program on our Consultation hub
Connect with us
- Follow us on Twitter @ResourcesGovAu