Junior Minerals Exploration Incentive applications opening 16 July
Australia’s junior mineral explorers can soon apply for exploration incentives under the Junior Minerals Exploration Incentive (JMEI).
Applications open 9 am Friday 16 July 2021 AEST.
The incentives are on a first-come-first-served basis with a total of $100 million available.
The JMEI program encourages new investment in small minerals exploration companies. It creates a continuous investment pipeline across regional Australia.
The discoveries made by these explorers help to:
- maintain our position as an internationally competitive resource investment destination
- secure the long-term future of the resources sector.
The Australian Government extended the JMEI program to the end of June 2025 as part of the 2021–22 Budget.
- The Minister announced the funding round on 15 July 2021
- Read about the Junior Minerals Exploration Incentive program extension to June 2025
- Find consultations on the JMEI program on our Consultation hub
Connect with us
- Follow us on Twitter @ResourcesGovAu