Join the NMI mask testing forum
The National Measurement Institute (NMI) established a Mask Testing Forum in 2020 as an informal technical discussion group.
The primary focus of the group was to solve technical questions of mutual relevance to accelerate the development of Australia’s mask testing capabilities.
NMI is now expanding the forum’s scope of interests and membership.
In particular, the ‘Mask Testing Forum 2.0’ will focus on technical matters such as:
- interpretation of standards
requirements from regulators
It will also explore industry questions and policy issues relevant to technical questions being considered by the forum. Through the forum, NMI hopes to facilitate developing collaborative solutions to pre-/non-commercial technical issues of mutual concern across the industry.
A broad range of parties are encouraged to join the forum including:
- Manufacturers and major suppliers of masks and respirators
- Government representatives
- Public and private PPE testing laboratories
The next meeting is on Friday, 5 March.
RSVPs are requested by 26 Feb for anyone interested in participating. This will allow enough time for feedback on the meeting papers to be compiled for discussion at the meeting.
- To join the forum or for more information, please email COVID19@measurement.gov.au.
- Find out about our department’s response to COVID-19
- Read more about the National Measurement Instititute